Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Getting Ready for Babies

We've been spending as much time as we can getting ready for the arrival of our son and daughter. Part of this preparation has been to talk to Samuel about babies and introduce him to his own "babies" - a set of twin dolls with corresponding crib, changing table, bouncy seats etc.

So, this past weekend we tackled the cleaning of the nursery together. Samuel cleaned his babies' crib while I cleaned our babies' bouncy seats. As you can see, he concentrated very hard on the task at hand and on caring for his babies. At one point he did put his babies in the laundry hamper, but to be fair they had "popo en los pies, sucios a lavar" (poo on their feet and need to be washed).

He talked about his babies so much at daycare "my babies are home" "I cleaned my babies" etc., his teachers thought I had given birth!


He has also discovered a new hiding spot - he walks under my belly and asks "donde esta Samuel" ("where's Samuel?") and answers his own question "Samuel escondido" (Samuel is hiding). And the truth is, when he's hiding below his siblings, I can't see him at all!

Here he is giving them a kiss:

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome picture of Samuel. And the double doll stroller is coming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the BEST toddler game ever!

    ReplyDelete