Plop Plop
Samuel has an imaginary friend whose name is Plop Plop. Plop Plop is a baby, small enough to fit in Marc's shirt pocket and he/she (we're unclear as to the gender) comes with us everywhere. We've had a couple "You're sitting on Plot Plop" moments, but for the most part we've integrated him/her into our day to day.
Samuel has adjusted to winter (far more than I can say for me - I curse the weather at least once a day). He loves "snow crunching" and cleaning snow from the car and shoveling the walkway and driveway. One day this week he refused to go inside because he still had a lot of snow cleaning work to do. Today it rained and he insisted on cleaning the rain off the van with a snow brush.
Interactive Play
Matthew and Renee reached a new milestone today. For the first time, I saw them really interact purposefully with each other. This afternoon, they spent about 5 minutes smiling and laughing at each other this afternoon - no toys in sight, I was out of the way, it was just the two of them and it was fantastic to see. Tonight, they took the interaction a few steps further - before their massage, Renee pinched Matthew and he cried (I have since cut her finger nails), after the massage, he pulled her hair and she cried. A preview of things to come.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOOXOXOXOXOX
ReplyDeleteXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
There would be a lot more of these if we were there with allof you.
I LOVE YOUR CHILDREN! Have I said that before?1?!?!?
ReplyDelete