Monday, September 14, 2009

First Day of School Year, Contemplations on Being Born First and Shoes






Marc and Samuel were talking about going to the hospital (conversation prompted by reading a Little Critter book in which Critter breaks his foot during a soccer game). They talked about how Samuel had only bee to the Hospital twice - once when he was born and once when Matthew and Renee were born. Samuel asked if Matthew and Renee visited him when he was born. When Marc explained that they weren't born yet so they weren't here, Samuel responded by saying "I was sad then, if Matthew and Renee weren't here".
___________

At his first day of school last week, Samuel held my hand as we crossed the parking lot. As soon as we left the parking lot though, he let go of my hand and said "Mami, this isn't a parking lot. I don't need your hand". Sigh - I thought I had a few years yet before this happened.
___________

Renee has her first pair of "real" shoes. They are hot pink running shoes that my grandmother bought her. She spent much of that day, and the next, and the next, "running" with her arms outstretched yelling with glee.

Matthew didn't take to shoes with his sister's keenness. He screamed in horror when we tried shoes on his feet. Both at home and at the store. He's not walking yet, still insists on holding our fingers while he walks.


(pictures to follow when I have time to download)

1 comment:

  1. We are so happy we got to see those first steps!!!! what an amazing time we had meeting and getting to know them.
    What an great mom you are.
    Miss you and love you LOTS! Cuq and Sue

    ReplyDelete