. . . we were only three (but one of us was pretty big).
My initial thought when I contemplate on Matthew and Renee's first 2 years is how much I miss Samuel. Seems weird, I think, but it is what it is. I miss the time I had to be with Samuel, and I think of how much more I remember of his two years than I do of his 3rd and 4th years and of Matthew and Renee's first two years too for that matter.
And then I am overwhelmed by just how much I can love all three kids. Samuel and I had a great time giggling away last night at bedtime and I thought "this has got to be the most I can ever love another human being", and then at dinner tonight Matthew was singing along as I washed his face and I thought "how can I love anyone as much as I love Matthew", and when Renee said "petty blaket" ('pretty blanket" and pulled at Matthews car duvet, not her new pink heart one) and smiled up at me I thought "I love her more than anything". And this is a regular occurrence. I am in awe of each of them and all of them, and the capacity my heart has, all at once.
Here's a little pictorial trip down memory lane
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Oh! How lovely to see those again!
ReplyDeleteI remember that belly...
My colleagues oohed and aahed over the pics you texted me today.
XOXOXO