But this entry is about the nursing journey that Matthew, Renee and I just finished. 778 days of nursing have come to an end. It was at my doing, my body was telling me that it was time.
Here's what I always want to remember
- Samuel had a special excited sound he made when it was time to nurse
- napping with Samuel every afternoon for those first few months
- Matthew and Renee holding hands, at first haphazardly and then purposefully
- Matthew and Renee fighting over the same side
- the lovely triad we formed
- the sense of accomplishment and firmness of my convictions that I was doing the right thing with every milestone of our nursing journey.
And now my body is mine, and I feel fine.


What a wonderful blog about the huge impact has had on your mothering. How beautiful.
ReplyDeletewarmest thoughts,
pat shelly
So, so sweet. Brought tears to my eyes. Love the photos.
ReplyDeleteLovely post Silvia. I especially love this quote: "When I reflect on motherhood, the one thing that defined the experience for me above anything else was nursing."
ReplyDeleteBeautiful and well done you!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Silvia!! I'm glad you made it so far and are in a good place about the end of the journey.
ReplyDeleteI have tears in my eyes Silvia. What a beautiful gift you gave your children. Just beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThis was very beautiful, Silvia.
ReplyDeleteThank you for posting it.
I love your pictures, I love your words, I love your toughts, I love your feelings, I love you
ReplyDelete