Samuel went to his friend J's birthday party this weekend. He asked me to get him clothes that would make him look so good, handsome and cool, like sweat pants.
As gift wrapping, I usually do craft or white paper and let the kids draw on it for decoration. Samuel asked me to write a very tender message to his friend on the package. When we got to the party he asked me to not show anyone the present, he only wnated J to see the message.
Tonight, as he was brushing his teeth, I asked him if he wanted to get his haircut. He said "No, because then my friends won't like me with short hair. They'll come to me and smell me like this (sniff, sniff) and say 'you're stinky with short hair' and 'short hair is stinky' and I like my friends so I don't want to get my haircut".
There you have it. The beginning of peer relationships and perceived peer pressure.
Monday, December 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I LOVE that Samuel's idea of fancy pants are sweat pants. He and Connor must have gone to the same fashion school.
ReplyDeleteWe've had a taste of this too. Namely, Zoe has been coming home from school saying that she wants to be Christian like the other kids. Ouch!
ReplyDelete