Friday, January 13, 2012

I rumbled down the stairs

This is how Matthew explains the chain of events that led to the bruise on his face.


I was talking to Eduardo, and going down the stairs, and i rumbled down the stairs, boom, and i cry. then i got ice and watched Lion King with mean uncle Skar.



I describe it like this. My parents house has very steep staris leading to the basement, and the stairs have no hand rail on one side for the bottom half of the stairs. We heard noise, then silence, then piercing cries. I ran to the stairs to see Matthew lying at the bottom of the stairs, not moving. (for those who are wondering how I was, my dad had to comfort me as much as I did Matthew). That he only had tenderness in his side for a few days and a burised cheek is unbelievable, and a testament to kids flexibility and resiliance.


2 comments:

  1. Ouch!!! I've been there. Stair falls are so scary! Hope your nerves are settled and his bruise is gone by now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im still amazed weve never been to the hospital with this ones risk taking tendencies. 30 odd years in that house, goodness knows how many kids, teens, and not entirely sober young adults have braved those stairs, and Matthew's the first to go down in my memory... That kid has some skill! Good thing he bounces ;-)

    ReplyDelete