Renee woke up first " Mami, wake up", I openned my eyes "I"m awake", "No Mami, wake up and get up", I raise my hand, "No Mami, wake up with your whole body". We went into the room Matthew, Samuel and Marc were sleeping in.
We openned presents right away. We gave matthew a set of architectural building blocks, Renee a "Hello Kitty" bead kit, and Samuel got a you-have-been-a-big-brother-for-four-years Harry Potter Lego game.
When Matthew woke up and we wished him a happy birthday, he responded "It's not my birthday until I have cake". Good thing I was ready to continue the Lulka Mazal familiy tradition of waking up the birthday person with a cake and candle and had cake at the ready downstairs (hard to wake up the birthday person with cake when they wake up before you do). Samuel decorated Matthew's cake with a Harry Potter, and I wrote Renee's name on hers. After blowing out their candles, they ate the icing and re-recorated their cakes a few times. Grandma and grandpa got Matthew and Renee hooded towels - a princess and an octopus - and skipping ropes, and Samuel got a pen with his name on it.
We had more birthday celebrations that evening with Bubba and Zaida, complete with balloons, cupcakes and cake. Cars, the original movie for Matthew and a doll for Renee. Cupcakes for the birthday gild and boy and cake for the rest of us. Again, they only ate the icing.












Happy birthday! :)
ReplyDelete