Monday, September 17, 2012

Dinner and Bed time conversations

A few random conversations from last week.

At dinner, Matthew "choked" on a piece of a tostada shell (I think he took a bite that was too big).  After we had all recovered, he declared "Now I'm not chocked and my breathing doesn't hurt".

---------

Renee continues to be obsessed with rubbing ears for comfort and during bed time.  It is not a gentle rubbing, I have calluses on my ear lobes, they have stretched enough that there are some earings that i cant wear, when her nails are long my ears have even bled - needless to say I've been trying to wean her off my ears but with limited success.  One night at bedtime, Renee said "Let's talk.  We'll take turns, I go first and then your turn.   OK Mami, I like ears.  You will be my friend if you let me rub ears, now it's your turn".  I responded "Renee, it hurts me when you rub my ears".  She said "OK Mami, my turn now.  I really, really like ears.  You won't be my friend.  Pleeeaaase ears" with her hands trying every angle to get to my ears.  Me: "Renee, no ears.  It hurts".  Renee "my turn.  If you love me, it doesn't hurt", and so on for a few more turns.

-------------

Me: Matthew, what's your Hebrew name
Matthew: i dont know
Me: Mo . .
Matthew: Moshe Shlomo
Me:  Renee what's your Hebrew name
Renee: I don't know
Me: Ma . .
Renee:  Mazal tov

---------

I was finishing up a conference call for work when the kids came home from school.  Samuel wanted to talk to me so I asked him to wait a minute.  He responded by saying "thats it.  I quit this family".  Thankfully he decided to stay.

1 comment: