Thursday, January 24, 2013

Reaching New Heights







We had an unseasonably warm weekend last wek (not now when it's well below zero). With Marc traveling, the kids and I went to the park.

Matthew went on the big swings. I gave him one small push (pulled him from the front) and he started to pump, and pump, and pump. So much so, and so well that he was higher then me, or as he insisted "not higher and taller, I'm older up here". I turned around, heard a thud and turned back to see him brushing the sand off him knees. "Matthew did you jump?", "yes Mami from really high", "let me show you how to slow down for next time".

We played for a while longer and then tried a relay race. It was my idea as an attempt of keeping everyone active, engaged and outside for a little longer. Boys against girls with Matthew and Renee running the first leg, down the path and back again. Down the path was fine, but on the way back Renee looked sad and started walking slowly "Ima (mom in Hebrew), I want to run WITH you". So the next race was Matthew and Samuel in relay, Renee and I holding hands.

2 comments: