Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Saturday Afternoon Walk

We had a lovely afternoon on Saturday.  I had to pick up a ring at a jewellery store (a very cool ring from my great aunt that had to be re-sized, so I took it to my friend's jewellery store, where I got my 40th birthday ring that I probably never blogged about. Blog post to come).

The store is in a beautiful old neighbourhood, it was a lovely fall day so we went for a walk around the block.  

It was treacherous at times, there was lava flowing everywhere on the cracks.  To be safe, you had to touch the plants, walk on ledges and for sure, avoid all cracks.  And run superfast and jump when the volcano erupts.  And be on the look out for ships and monsters.  

Here is Matthew's soliloquy as we walked (if only I knew how to load video from my new phone):

"The volcano is going to erupt, right here, right now . . . and see those spike up there [fence posts] a volcano could push it and crush it into one little piece [me: and what happens to you] if we stay inside the house, we'll be fine because it can't push our house.  Only a monster can push our house.  It can pick up a house and air takes it away.  It's really strong.  And, lava comes from garbage. And if the lava monster eats more candy lava, more red lava, candy that it is, they can get more fatter"






Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Rogers network.

1 comment: