This is such a great age, the kids are so much fun and say such wonderful things. Here are a few that I want to always remember.
_________
Matthew was using one of the tablets, and brought it into the kitchen with some water droplets on it. I asked him how the tablet got wet and he answered "By accident, I did a bless you".
_________
Matthew was using one of the tablets, and brought it into the kitchen with some water droplets on it. I asked him how the tablet got wet and he answered "By accident, I did a bless you".
_________
Matthew wanted to be with me in the kitchen before dinner, a big deal as the alternative was to be with Samuel and Renee watching TV. He wanted to help me make dinner of tuna sandwiches. He took particular liking to the can opener and used what he dubbed the "turny thing" pretty successfully. After dinner, he stayed with me in the kitchen again and explained "I don't want you to be alone. I can dry the dishes and even I did that at school and even I'm ready to do it at home." He also cleaned the table.
_________
Renee and I were playing with a metal tin that comes with scenes and magnets that can be placed in different places. There are planes, trains, cars, and people. She explained the rules of "the game". "This is a thinking game, you have to think it in your brain." We took turns putting the different vehicles on the metal background. She didn't quite like how I placed a plane, "the trains and planes of the same colour can't go together, that's what the ancient birds say."
_________
We got Samuel a weighted blanket, we told him it was a blanket that would feel like someone was giving him a hug all night. The first night he used it, he had a big bruise and scrape on his back from falling at a birthday party. When he woke up the next morning, he said "that blanket that hugs me all night made my back better".
_________
There was a stomach bug that made its way though the family. Renee was the first to get sick, at 3 am all over herself, myself and my bed. Three days later, it was Matthew's turn, at a restaurant, in the hall right outside the bathroom, and on my leg. A few days later I overheard:
Renee: "My barf was bigger than your barf"
Matthew: "But Renee, my barf was three times of barfing"
Renee: "Matthew, my barf was all over Mami and her bed"
Matthew: "Yeah, but my barf was at the restaurant on Mama's leg and at home"
Thankfully Samuel didn't get sick.
_________
Renee and I were playing with a metal tin that comes with scenes and magnets that can be placed in different places. There are planes, trains, cars, and people. She explained the rules of "the game". "This is a thinking game, you have to think it in your brain." We took turns putting the different vehicles on the metal background. She didn't quite like how I placed a plane, "the trains and planes of the same colour can't go together, that's what the ancient birds say."
_________
We got Samuel a weighted blanket, we told him it was a blanket that would feel like someone was giving him a hug all night. The first night he used it, he had a big bruise and scrape on his back from falling at a birthday party. When he woke up the next morning, he said "that blanket that hugs me all night made my back better".
_________
There was a stomach bug that made its way though the family. Renee was the first to get sick, at 3 am all over herself, myself and my bed. Three days later, it was Matthew's turn, at a restaurant, in the hall right outside the bathroom, and on my leg. A few days later I overheard:
Renee: "My barf was bigger than your barf"
Matthew: "But Renee, my barf was three times of barfing"
Renee: "Matthew, my barf was all over Mami and her bed"
Matthew: "Yeah, but my barf was at the restaurant on Mama's leg and at home"
Thankfully Samuel didn't get sick.

No comments:
Post a Comment