Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Kites and Easter Eggs

We had an eventful weekend with friends - we went to a kite flying festival on Saturday (sorry, no pictures as I left the camera at home). On Sunday we went to an Easter egg hunt at a friend's place. Although it was Samuel's first, he clearly figured out what to do and that there was candy in the eggs. After finding about 5 eggs, he disappeared into a toy house in the backyard and sat in the corner eating his candy - it's as if he knew that I wouldn't let him have all of it and wanted to consume as much as possible!

The funniest thing about the day though was what he grabbed as we were leaving the house. We bought him a set of plush toys for Passover last year, complete with matza, wine, the seder plate and its symbols. On our way out, Samuel grabbed the bag. It was the first time he's really taken an interest in it this year and he insisted in bringing it. As the host of the Easter egg hunt said it was as if Samuel was saying "OK, I'll participate in the gentile's egg hunt, but I am a Jew". I forgot the camera again, so these are pictures our friend took.


No comments:

Post a Comment