Friday, May 23, 2008

Imagination

Samuel continues to awe me with his development. His vocabulary continues to grow exponentially in both languages. He can translate between the two almost flawlessly - saying a sentence to me in English and turning to Marc and saying the same thing in English, using correct grammar and sentence structure in both languages. He talks non stop.

His imagination is blossoming. The tofu we had for dinner a few nights ago doubled as an airplane.

Peek-a-boo has turned into hide and seek. While we drive to daycare in the mornings he puts my jacket over his head and asks "donde esta Samuel?" "where's Samuel?" and stays hidden for a while. Sometimes he'll answer his own question "scondino" (he can't enunciate the complete escondido) "i hiding".

Today, I left the front door open for a few minutes while getting something from the kitchen. Samuel came to find me to say "Mami, gato en la casa" (Mommy, cat in the house). Our neighbours have a cat who Samuel loves to watch and follow so I thought the cat had come into the house. Marc and I looked for the cat everywhere before we had to leave, but found no trace of the cat. So - did the cat come and go? or was there no cat in the house at all?

A few pictures from a walk around the block last night:

Fast running

Rare moment of stillness

"Mami, abrazo arbol" (Mommy, hug the tree) - very much in the spirit of Takoma Park

"Walk on yellow"

The new tricyle

33 weeks pregnant with 9 lbs of twins

As an aside, the pregnancy continues to go well. The twins are measuring a bit larger than average and have passed all their routine pre-natal tests (I've started weekly tests of their heart rates, movements, fluid levels and flow of fluid through their organs). I'm doing well, still working full-time, walking around, doing yoga, etc. but I have slowed down and am feeling the weight of the two babies inside. Remarkably, I've just recently started getting back aches and not being able to sleep through the night. I do miss playing and running around with Samuel although today I climbed up a play structure at the park and went down the slide - the most unbelievable part is that I didn't get stuck! I also took a nap while getting a pedicure.

No comments:

Post a Comment