Saturday, July 5, 2008

Blessings and Love

I probably have all of 3 minutes to write, now that I am a mother of 3 (!)

And my first impression of motherhood of more than one child is how magnificently large our ability to love can be. I used to say that although I loved many many people, I never really understood what love could be until I had Samuel. Now I must revise that - I could have never imagined how much I could love my three kids. My love for Samuel has actually grown now that I see him as a big brother to Matthew and Renee.

Both are crying . . . tbc

I'm back with Matthew on my breast and Andy has Renee who is desperate to sleep. So now on to blessings.

I am blessed to have three kids and a terrific husband who amazes me at his capacity for being a loving and dedicated father. I am blessed to have parents who came to give support at a moments notice for the birth of all our kids. I am blessed to have a sister who came to set up our nursery and who rubbing my back as we speak giving me all sorts of comfort. I am blessed to have so many friends who have taken care of Samuel, brought us food, given us baby clothes and equipment, and set up a modern day Red Tent through the Wiki web site.

3 comments:

  1. ...and we're blessed to have you as our friend. Thinking of you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She took the words right out of my comment box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silvia --
    We just happened to click on the site you gave us when you set up Sammy's blog knowing, of course, you were due soon. Seems like everything went well and you are on your way on another adventure, or two!
    We are happy for you both and hope to hear from you soon. Tell Sammy hi from Miss Ruth and give him a hug.

    Hirut and Tim

    ReplyDelete