Sunday, October 19, 2008

Update (part II)

Matthew and Renee are interacting in a really special way. They almost always hold hands while nursing and when I put them down in their crib during the day, most of the time, Renee end up grabbing hold of Matthew's ear. When one fusses, he or she will often calm down when I hold them so they can see each other. They are also at the age when they prefer not to be let alone and can sometimes be calmed by me talking to them.

Marc and I are doing well and adjusting to our new life in Toronto, which is much different from the single life we had last time we lived here. As much as I am adjusting to life in Toronto though, I still haven't really recognized that I'm not going back to DC. And I think the same holds true for Marc and Samuel. It's hard to believe that only 6 months ago we lived in Georgetown! How life has changed. But any doubts I have about our move are put aside when I see how much joy my parents are deriving from their grandchildren and vice versa.

My days go by quickly and are not as hard as I thought they might be. As Matthew and Renee get older and can be in bouncy seats and other equipment for longer stretches of time, it's easier for me to be home alone with them all day. I usually go out one a day to a close by shopping mall or grocery store. The last few weeks though have been filled with Jewish holidays and Samuel's school has been closed, so my mom, Andy and my nephew have also been home from school 1-2 days each week. Next week will be the first week I have all 5 days on my own since we arrived and I'm already starting to make plans - a breastfeeding clinic one day, grocery shopping another, and winter coat shopping another.

Did I mention we had flurries today and that it's below freezing tonight?? Samuel had the shock of his life with the weather today. The temperature dropped while he was at the play yard down the street and all he could say on his way home was "Frio Mami, mucho frio" (cold mommy, very cold), with red cheeks and a runny nose. Not sure how we'll fare in February.

Still no camera,so no pictures but I may be able to download a few pics from my parent's or sister's camera soon. Or maybe I should plan an outing to buy a new re-charger?

1 comment:

  1. Planning 1 outing per day was always very cathartic for me. Glad to hear things are looking up.

    ReplyDelete