. . . in 5 pieces (Marc, Samuel, Matthew, Renee and me, and my parents who came to help us move and travel). And of course, 200+ boxes and a minivan. Ugh!
I'll post pictures when I have a chance, but so far so good. It's cold - Samuel put on 3 jackets this morning and refused to take them off at school. In truth it's not that cold, it's in the 50-60s/teens but that's a big difference from where we were in DC. We have a lot to unpack and it's hard to do when nursing twins and with Rosh Hashana festivities to attend, and I have a cold. Our house is great, with lots of light especially in the kids rooms. And it's less than a mile to IKEA, with their $0.99 breakfast which cost us $260 the other day once we added the things we bought while we were there (all things we needed, or realized we needed when we saw them!)
I miss the people in DC and I still can't quite believe that I won't be at the next Moms Night Out or Second Sunday, or that I won't be going to work with the same fantastic people. Through our farewells, I really realized just how many good, dear friends we've left behind and how many people we established roots with. I know will be back to visit and see everyone again, but not for a while, at least not until Matthew and Renee have other food sources.

So glad to hear you guys made it and are settling in! Beware the Ikea Money Pit...it gets us every time, too!
ReplyDeleteSo happy to heart that you are all there and getting unpacked and coordinated. I talked to Marc on the way up and couldn't believe what good time he was making. Hope the transition is a smooth one.
ReplyDelete