Dear Matthew and Renee,
You are 7 months old! And Renee you celebrated by tasting your first chocolate (that's what happens when you turn your back on a generous and three year old with a chocolate popsicle and a seven month old who puts everything in her mouth!)
Renee, sitting has changed your world. You can sit forever (OK, about 45 minutes) as long as you have a few objects to handle. You have fantastic fine motor skills and have even started to clap. You are a determined and independent little girl. At mealtime, you insist on holing your own spoon and let out irate cries if you don't get your way. When you stayed with Daddy on Saturday, you insisted on trying to hold your bottle yourself and showed great distaste for Daddy's hand when it had the nerve of trying to help you hold the bottle, despite the fact you you couldn't hold on to the bottle by yourself. You remain constantly active and observant of everything around you. You've started smiling more frequently and for longer periods. You love stroking my face and grabbing my glasses. You hate taking medicine, not sure if it's the taste or indignation that someone else is putting something in your mouth and that I don't let you handle the bottle and spoon/syringe.
Matthew, you continue to be your happy, smiley self. You love looking out the window and at plants. You also love being held at a higher altitude, e.g. standing vs, sitting, or sitting on a counter or dresser (with an adult right there, of course). You have your first tooth. You've discovered that you can get to an object that's out of reach while you're seated by tipping forward and pushing your legs behind you. You love, love, love eating. You can't get enough food be it from a spoon or from me. You dive for my breast all the time and have given me hickeys on my arms, face, chest, etc.
You reached another very significant miles stone today by starting day care full-time. You both got rave reviews from your care givers, and seemed quite happy when I dropped you off, visited you at lunch and picked you up.
The interaction between you continues to fascinate me - you talk to each other and laugh together all the time. The other night I was giving you raspberries and you found it equally hilarious to receive the raspberry and to watch your sibling get one.
I love having both of you together! it really is great fun to have twins.
XOXO
Mami
Bath Time
(another great way to see their different personalities)
(another great way to see their different personalities)

Glad to see Renee is taking a bottle - even if she refuses to get help doing so!
ReplyDeleteHelen was the best sitter ever, so I love reading about Renee being such a good sitter.
Kids look great, Silvia.
So happy you have your mom and dad there with you to take such pleasure in watching all your little people growing up. I can't wait to see them again soon. Likely August.
ReplyDeleteLaurie
I'm hoping to come to see you all soon (soon being April, but that's soon in school-time)
ReplyDeleteEveryone is getting so big and I'm missing out! Matthew looks like such a little gentleman in the tub
I love love love the first picture, with Samuel, looking HUGE in comparison pushing his way in between them!
ReplyDeleteAnd the bath photos are indeed highly indicative of the respective personalities. I'm loving watching them too!