Saturday, April 4, 2009

Nine Months In, Nine Months Out


April 1st marked Matthew and Renee's 9 month birthday - they have lived in the outside world longer than their time in-utero.

Today, April 4, marked two big milestones for each of them - Renee crawled for the first time and Matthew pulled himself up. Renee is independent as ever, she sits and observes her surroundings, and you can tell her brain never takes a break. She moves by turning and shuffling her body around. Her hands are always busy with purposeful handling of whatever object is within her reach. Matthew is a total mama's boy, he watches all my comings and goings and his moods reflect whether I am in the room. He's big and round.

I hope to be able to write more soon, but truth be told I am exhausted. Between their discovery of object permanence, movement, illness and the never ending teething process Matthew and Renee are waking up 2-3 times per night, meaning I'm up 4-6 times. Samuel has been waking up too so make that 5-7 times. I am exhausted.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Silvia, I wish for you a good night's rest! They are getting there though. 9 months-wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing they're all so darn cute, Silvia! What you're going through is really hard. It's incredible your brain can function a at all. I'm not sure mine would.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sili mi amor: Yo no se como le haces!!!!! Estan absolutamente divinos, me muero de ganas de conocerlos.
    Te quiero y extrano,
    Cuq

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for these precious pictures. You're a star and I hope your nights will soon get a tiny bit longer

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in awe of you. I am in awe of them. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete