Saturday, April 11, 2009

Passover 2009


Samuel was the star of the show at both our Seders. Not only did he sing MaNishtana (which he calls "HaLayla"), but he continued to sing and turned it into a medley including Dayenu and what he calls "levanika" but most people would know as "Kol HaOlam Kulo". He sang beautifully, siting up tall with full composure, he clearly knew he was signing by himself in front of a large group (14+) including strangers but wasn't shy or self-conscious or silly as many kids are. The main theme of the Seder is to "tell your child on that day", well my child blew me away, made me so proud and left me speechless.

5 comments:

  1. Not only was the medley beautiful, but he was so involved in both evenings (plug here for MJDS!), and you forgot to tell everyone he actually found the afikoman the 2nd night! I am very proud of your son. And the other son. And your daughter too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and did I mention I'm proud of you, too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Que bello Silvia! I am proud of him as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful holiday, surrounded by your family and Samuel old enough to really participate.

    ReplyDelete