Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Endendino

When Samuel has a decision to make - like what pants to wear, what book to read, what parent puts him to bed - he does the Hebrew version of Eenie Meenie Miney Mo (sp?).

En-den-dino, sof al hakatino,
sof al hakati kato,
elik belik bom.

Like Ennei Meenie, it's non-sense syllables strung together.

As he gets close to the end he'll stop pointing to the choice he doesn't want and just keep pointing at the choice he wants, or he'll slow down to get the option he wants.

Tonight he had a variation though. Tonight he sang and when he was finished we had to put our hand up and the first one to raise their hand got to go to bed with him. I won, mostly because I understood the instructions.


And Renee says "pato" (duck) and Nicky (daycare teacher).

3 comments:

  1. So clever. Eamon does that too - the game where we have to raise our hands to see who wants to put him to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and I am jealous that he knows more Hebrew than me!

    ReplyDelete