Sunday, January 30, 2011

Yesssssssss, Beneyney Efmos, Course

Just a few of the words that grace our ears.

Matthew and Renee have started saying yessss, ya and yeah are no longer.

Matthew says "couse" (of course, without the of and r), most often in response to "Matthew do you want a kiss?" "couse Mami".

Samuel has started to write letters, not really words though. But he'll write a string of letters and ask "what does this say". Last weekend the letters were E F M O S, so I read it as it would sound, and asked him what Efmos was. he explained that it's Plop Plop and Ding Dong's mom's last name and her first name is Beneyney (sp?), but Plop Plop and Ding Dong have a different last name. So there you go, it was Beneyney Efmos who named her children Plop Plop and Ding Dong.

And a significant milestone in my life, and that of Matthew and Renee. I recently travelled for work for 3 days and nights. I barely got the words "I'm going on a business tr. .." out of my mouth before Samuel started jumping up and down, shouting "SLEEP OVER" (he stays with my parents when Marc travels, and last time didn't want to come home). Matthew was ambivalent. Renee said "No, Mami stay with Nene" repeatedly, or sometimes "Nene go couver with Mami" (Renee is goingto Vancouver with Mami). So I was worried, but it was all for not. They were fine while I was gone, slept well, asked for me once in a while but were fine. I was fine too, except for the cancelled flight, time difference and insomnia.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you were able to get some sleep while away at least!

    ReplyDelete