Matthew is trying out some new phrases:
- Mami, I want to tell you something.
- what Matthew?
- um ... um .... I want to tell you something
- Mami, I forgot
- what did you forget?
- mami I forgot my iron man toy
- Matthew, you don't have an iron man toy
- ya Mami, I fogot my iron man toy
He dresses himself relatively well, and is particularly interested in his socks. A couple weeks back, in an effort to get him to accept the notion of wearing socks (he can be unbelievable obstinate at times, beyond normal 2 year old stubbornness), I pointed to the robot figure on the socks and told him they were "scary socks". He loved the concept and put them on. The problem now is that he only wants to wear the one pair of robot "scary socks" we have. He's even gone to get them from the dirty laundry basket, providing a whole new reason for the sock to be scary. Its a fight to get him to wear any socks that are not declared "scary socks". We had a weekend break though though, and when the previously unacceptable socks with blue stripes became "scary socks" after a brief stint as scary sock puppets. His obsession with clothing and lower extremities doesn't end there. He also loves taking his shoes and socks off, especially in the car. He's really good at putting his socks and shoes back on but rarely wants to and even more rarely let's us do so. And the logical consequence of going barefoot from the car to the house doesn't seem to be a deterrent even though "the floor is hard Mami".

Ah. A man after his auntie's heart.
ReplyDeleteBarefoot's the way to go!