Monday, November 2, 2009

Barefoot Sage

The Barefoot Sage is among the most magical places, the embodiment of pure relaxation and the ultimate indulgence. Picture a large open space, with overstuffed couches on raised platforms, and basins at the feet of the couch. Now, picture yourself getting up on the couches, and enjoying a fantastic foot massage and treatment from a registered therapist while drinking lovely tea and eating the most delicious chocolate and hazelnut treats. I've only been lucky enough to go once, 6 years ago, and I still feel my shoulders relax when I remember my visit. The Barefoot Sage is in Portland OR, otherwise I'd be a regular!

So why am I writing about it now? Sadly, the Sage has recently suffered a fire and has had to temporarily close. And this being NaBloPoMo, I thought maybe someone who knows someone in Oregon would read the post and buy a gift certificate for when the spa re-opens. Believe me, you will be thanked. If only there was such a place closer to home.
Link

www.thebarefootsage.com

And a tid bit about the kids and their feet - Samuel proudly puts on his own socks "super fast, like this, zoom, zoom, one and the other like that Mami, not like yesterday and before, but fast like today", and gets the shoes on the right feet more often than not. Matthew loves his feet and can identify them in Spanish and English, he also likes eating his shoes which we try to discourage and prevent as best we can, his favourite shoes are a pair of black patent leather booties that his daycare teacher gave him, and he loves playing with my shoes, not with Marc's just with mine. Renee also identifies her feet and she brings her shoes and says "apo" when you ask her for her "zapatos" (shoes in Spanish).


(For my aunts Cuqui and Sue, proud owners of the Barefoot Sage, with all my love and support)

2 comments:

  1. What I would do to have access to all those little feet!!!!!!!!! we miss them so much, the visit was too short.
    Sil, thank you for putting us in your blog. The Sage IS a magical place,where lots of healing happens through the touch of caring therapists and the unbeleivably kind supportive managers. We are going to rebuild and be there once again for our loyal clients.
    We love you sooooooo much,
    Cuq and Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your aunts spa. So sad!

    Zoe has had 'feet regression' compared to your crew. She insists she needs help to don her socks now. Puhleeze!

    Mia can't keep her feet out of my shoes. She actually walks pretty well in them.

    ReplyDelete