Saturday, November 10, 2012

647-XXX-XXXX

At lunch, I was starting to loose my patience. It was at the end of the meal and the whining, yelling, "buy me", "get me", "I want" was too much. So instead of risking a tantrum of my own, I excused myself from the table went up to our room and locked the door. I needed 5 minutes of peace.
  About 30 seconds after I came upstairs, I heard 3 little voices outside the door and the sound of a phone being off the hook. And then the little voices, mostly the older one, saying my cell phone number and pressing telephone buttons. 6 4 7 etc.   And then my cell rang.   Samuel - "Hi Mami. Can you open the door?"
Me - "I'm taking a break right now"
Samuel - "Ok Mami. Did I call your right number on your phone?"
Me - "Yes"
Samuel - "When are you coming out"
Me - "In a few minutes"
Samuel - "Are you coming now"
Me - "Soon"
Matthew in the background saying my number wrong by one number
Samuel - "Is your number 647-XXX-HXXX"
Me - "No, you called the right number 647-XXX-XXXX"
Samuel - "See Matthew, it's X not Y"
Renee - "Mami, are you opening the door"
Me - "I need a break"
Samuel - "how do you hang up"
Me - "the red button"
  And one day I'll complain that they never call :)

1 comment: