Wednesday, November 16, 2011

6

The big 6. Exactly 6 yeras ago (pretty much to the minute, I think), Samuel and I were enjoying our first mother/son bonding, and I made up his little song, and I knew then that he would be the sweet would he still is today.


Samuelito - you have blessed us with your sweetness, generosity, imagination and ability to tell tales. You continue to be wonderfully creative and very empathetic. You love, love, love legos. And have been making the 6-10 year ols ones by yourself for a few weeks. Tonight you did a pretty good job at a 7-12 box. You still talk about Plop Plop and Ding Dong, but not as much. You love Cars and Cars 2, the movies and the characters, Scooby Doo, and Sonic the Hedgehog. you pretend to play video games on any reclangular surface you find. You also love Tae Kwon Do and have broken many, many boards. You are starting to write cursive letters and words, and some in Hebrew too. You have made vast progress in in area and I'm very, very proud of you. you love doing math at school. This morning, while putting your shoes on you looked up and said "Mami, Daddy, I have something very important to say. Thank-you for take-caring (sic) of me when I was five".


Here are some pictures from the school celebration today. (in reverse order, I can't copy and paste on my laptop)


Matthew eating fruit


Renee watching other kids eat fruit


Samuel at his table, with his buddies


getting up from lighting the "sun"


walking around the sun with the Earth in hand


After being very shy, Renee insitsed on being in the center of everything


And, not leaving Samuel or me be


Walking arounf the sun



being pushed around the sun



before the ceremony began. (i love the detail, can you see how November is pulled out a bit? That's where the earth moving around the sun starts)








4 comments:

  1. I love that he thanked you for taking care of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Samuel!

    I love the Montessori birthday celebration. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a wonderful birthday. Samuelino, if you read this one day, thank-you for inviting me to join you in all your celebrations. It means so much to me. You are a beautiful, generous, loving soul, and your affection knows no limits. I love you dearly.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't beleve it has been 6 years! Happy birthday Samuel!

    ReplyDelete