Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Samuel and the Dentist's Treasure Chest

Samuel had a check up a few weeks ago and at the end of the appointment he got to choose a toy from the treasure chest. He could decide what he wanted, insisted on getting more than one toy, but I held to the "one toy" rule. When we were in the car though, he proudly showed me that he had gotten 2 toys and a few stickers. I didn't have time to go back to teach the "you need to return them" lesson so instead I told him that when we went for the follow-up appointment he had to tell them he couldn't take a toy because he had taken two the previous appointment.

Fast forward 2 weeks and we miss his follow-up because I locked my keys in my office.

Fast forward another 2 weeks for the re-scheduled follow-up. At the end of the appointment, the dentist told Samuel he could get something from the treasure chest. I had forgotten all about the previous visit and the taking of the extra toys, so I got the chest down and gave it to Samuel to choose. He looked at me and quietly said, "but remember last time and the deal Mami?". The dentist was so touched though that she suggested a sticker instead, Samuel beamed, and so did I.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, he is such an honest and good kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's getting really big, if he can do that kind of thing! Yep - your boy's growing up.

    ReplyDelete