Sunday, November 30, 2008

NaBloPoMo - This Too Shall Pass

One of the big mantras of parenthood has to be "this too shall pass". It goes brilliantly with the hard and frustrating tantrums and sleepless nights, but I find that I say it to myself about the good stuff too, although with an entirely different connotation. "This too shall pass" applies to me being the mom of newborns, to seeing first smiles and hearing first laughs. It gives me perspective that each day has its trials and its precious moments. When people ask "how do you do it with three", I generally ignore the question (given that it's strangers who ask), but in my mind I say "because I know what I'm living today will be different tomorrow".

This also applies to NaBloPoMo - it too has passed. And while at times it was hard and I struggled to have something relevant to say and to find time to read the other Milk Moms' blogs, I loved participating. It made me feel a little closer to the bloggers and their kids and it brought my kids closer to many people I love dearly and wish were closer geographically.

Thanks to all for reading along and posting comments. Therese - thanks for the invitation to participate. Vickie, Susan, Ellen, Laurie, Luchy, Laurence, Marya, Elaine, Fiona - thanks for sharing your daily lives and thoughts. I can't tell you how much I miss you and am thankful everyday that we have blogs and email to keep in touch. Cuqui - mil gracias for the daily comments and I hope we get to have breakfast together soon.

XO

3 comments:

  1. I definitely enjoyed hearing from you every day! Your hair looks wonderful by the way. Hope to see you soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been amazing. We will miss the daily contact tremendously.
    Samuel, Mathew and Renee are very blessed to have you as their mommy.
    With all our LOVE,
    xoxoxox
    Sue and Cuq

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you were such a trooper with the blogging Silvia. I loved keeping up with you and your crew.

    ReplyDelete