Monday, November 17, 2008

THREE!!!!

Dear Samuel,

You turned three today!! Happy B'Day as you say. You've been so excited about the day and today it finally arrived.

You greeted the day with a green circle cake with orange inside (as you requested), did some fast spinning in the office chair, hung out with Matthew and had a second breakfast at Ikea (Mikea as you say) with Tocayo, Regi and Andy. When people asked your age you'd say two and hold out 4 fingers or you'd say 3 and hold out 2 fingers.

You got lots of great presents, like this kitchen Daddy and I gave you. You cooked all sorts of things, including the tortilla chips and veggies we served our guests.

You also had a great time decorating your cake. You were very set on putting all the green sugar in one place, and one place only. By the way, you're wearing pajamas because you insisted in putting them on for your nap and refused to get dressed when you woke up.
After we cut the cake, you insisted that everyone wait to eat until we said the blessing - an influence from your school - and you took out the Shabbat candle sticks!


Samuel - you are such a fantastic person. You are so social, fun, happy and inquisitive, clever, loving, empathetic and sweet, and you have a great sense of humour. Every day you amaze me with how much you are learning and developing. You fill the lives of those around you with love, laughter and joy. I am blessed to have you in my life.

Con muchisisisimo carino,

Mami

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday big guy. I dreamed about you last night - I had to find 3 candles for your cake and I searched through all the drawers in till I found them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, happy day Samuel! And,happy birthday to Silvia and Marc too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Felicidades!!!!!! Feliz cumpleanos!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Con muchos besos y abrazos,
    Cuq and Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy B-day big guy. You are simply a joy. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you don't mind if I add to your beautiful letter...

    Dearest Samuel:
    On your third birthday you showed your independence, creativity, will and generosity. It has been a pleasure getting to really know you these past months, and I am honoured to be part of your life and will always be,

    "Your Andy".

    ReplyDelete