We hosted our first Shabbat dinner tonight. We had all of three guests - my aunt Suzie, my Mom and her friend Katherine. We ordered pizza and ate off paper plates. But I did make a salad, with Samuel's help, and we did all the blessings, and we had a good time, and I say that's what counts.
Gone are the days of hosting 10 for a wine tasting dinner and making all the food and dessert from scratch, but I know they'll come back. Before I know it, I'll be cooking up a storm with 3 sous chefs. The kitchen will be a mess but there will be lots of us to cleanup too.
Friday, November 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

The good thing is that when it comes to cooking or partying it's like riding a bike, you don't forget!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure it was a lovely evening and enjoyed by everyone.
LOVE
Cuq and Sue