Matthew, Renee and I are getting into our regular groove. They're eating well every 3 1/2 hours during the day with 3-4 oz of formula per feed, they're sleeping well and that allows for some semblance of a routine. We never had a schedule or routine with Samuel, but I really need one now not only because they're two babies but also because we have Samuel and because I rely so much on my parents' and Andy's help. I've also found things to do during the days - Tuesdays and Wednesdays we have Baby / Mommy fitness classes, Thursdays is Baby Salsa, Friday is sing-a-long at a friend's and Tuesday we have Hebrew sing-a-long too. My days with Samuel revolved round the Breastfeeding Center, between all the classes we took and all the friends we made. Matthew and Renee's days are musical and physical activity based (the later is inspiration from a fellow Milk Mom). I hope that I'll be able to meet new friends through these classes like I did before.
A few kids updates:
- Samuel is hilarious. He talked non-stop in both languages. His English words are very clear and are all real words. In Spanish though he uses so many prefixes and suffixes that he makes up new words. One day this week he came home with a small cut on this hand and explained that he "melocortemelo asi bam bam con un martillo" ("I cut it myself to myself by myself like this bam bam with a hammer"). He's not sure what he wants to do these days though, he's desperate to go outside yet hates the cold.
- Renee is rolling over constantly and still not a big fan of sleeping during the night, but sleeps great during the day. She loves having her feet massaged and stops crying almost immediately when I massage her feet.
- Matthew has started laughing. His whole face lights up when he smiles and he laughs with a deep, guttural sound
.
I am so glad to hear you have found a routine and things to fill your days. I miss you.
ReplyDeleteYou're an inspiration...must get myself off my butt as soon as we're settled in brooklyn!
ReplyDeleteYou are so an inspiration and I do so wish for you a group of friends like you had in Washington.Does Renee need to come to Portland and get her little feet massaged at The Barefoot Sage? maybe one day all of you can come.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Cuq and Sue
What lucky kids Silvia. You're providing such a great life for them.
ReplyDelete