Today was officially my last day as a mom of three kinds under the age of three - Samuel turns 3 tomorrow and the catchy phrase won't work anymore ;)
I am amazed at the growth of all three kids and at how manageable this seemingly daunting task has been thus far. Yes it's hard, yes I'm sleep deprived (especially since last night Matthew and Renee decided sleep was highly overrated and my breasts were much preferable to anything else, and since it"s 1:30 and I'm just going to bed now), we have more laundry than I ever thought possible, but I think all of us have really taken it in stride. Of course, we have had tons of support - from my family, the Milk Moms and our friends in DC, Berta - and we'd be in loads of trouble with out that, but I'm going to be self-indulgent and give Marc and myself some credit - we've done a really good job and are raising three amazing kids.
A year ago, we were living in Georgetown a family of thee, loving urban living, I was loving my job, traveling to NY, Boston, Europe, having no idea that our family was about to increase by 66% and that we'd move twice! I could have never predicted the turns our life has taken. And I can't imagine life any other way. I love having three kids, I love seeing their similarities and how they differ, how they interact at this young age and I look forward to seeing how that interaction develops as they grow. Samuel is a terrific big brother - he reads to Mathew and Renee, asks about them, wants to play with them and clearly demonstrates love towards them. Matthew and Renee are mesmerized by their big brother and follow his every move. They are also quite taken with each other and grab a hold of each other's hands whenever they can. They can sometimes calm down just by being in each other's field of vision.
BTW - this counts as my Saturday Nov 15 post, OK?

You absolutely deserve to get credit,I told you before that I feel your kids are very blessed with a mommy like you.We think you are quite an AMAZING woman.The only other thing you need to do is write a book.
ReplyDeleteLOVE YA
Sue and Cuq
You're a beautiful mom Silvia. You and Marc deserve all the credit. Happy birthday to Samuel. Oh, and beautiful photo of Renee and Mathew. I love the light streaming in on them.
ReplyDeleteAs Laurie said you and Marc deserve all the credit. Yes, everyone else helped but it the foundation of the parents on which the family is built. You, my friend, are a foundation of pure diamonds! Miss you.
ReplyDelete-Marya
Samuel, Renee and Matthew are very lucky to have you as parents.
ReplyDeleteSeriously - the fact that you're not in the corner rocking yourself is awesome. You and Marc should be very, very proud.
ReplyDelete